Information our our Referral Process
- Referrals for assessment can be made:
- For young mothers 24 years and under from 3 months antenatal to 9 months postnatal
- For mothers over 24 years from 6 months antenatal to 9 months postnatal
- Referral forms can be requested from Early Start.
- Referrals must be accompanied by the parent's signed consent form.
- On receipt of a referral the client family/whanau will go onto our waiting list and the referrer will be notified of the expected waiting time.
- During the waiting time our intake Family Support Worker/Whanau Awhina will:
- liaise with the referrer; and
- make contact with the client family/whanau to do an initial home visit, and then stay in telephone contact with them until they are allocated a Family Support Worker/Whanau Awhina.