Information our our Referral Process
- Referrals for assessment can be made for family/whānau as soon as the expectant mother has her pregnancy confirmed by a health professional.
- Click here to complete an online referral form. If you prefer you can also phone the office on 0800 378-278 to request a referral form.
- Referrals must be accompanied by the parent's signed consent form.
- On receipt of a referral, the client family/whānau will go onto our waiting list and the referrer will be notified of the expected waiting time.
- During the waiting time our intake Family Support Worker/Whānau Āwhina will:
- liaise with the referrer; and
- make contact with the client family/whānau to do an initial home visit, and then stay in telephone contact with them until they are allocated a Family Support Worker/Whānau Āwhina.